MARUI GROUP's Co-Creation Philosophy
- Our Aspirations
- Contribute to co-creating a flourishing
and inclusive society that offers happiness to all
- MARUI GROUP's mission is its reason for existence. The corporate and business activities of MARUI GROUP are the practice of fulfilling this mission. This mission is meant to provide all members of MARUI GROUP with a guide, inspiring them to reflect on whether their actions and decisions are contributing to the fulfillment of the mission, even in times of uncertainty.
- 2050 Vision
- Harnessing the power of business
to build a world that transcends dichotomies
- MARUI GROUP's 2050 Vision is a roadmap for the accomplishment of the Company's mission. It puts forth directives for the concerted efforts to be advanced by all Group members as they ascertain changes in the operating environment. We believe that a vision and long-term targets are essential for a company to remain true to its mission and values as, no matter how righteous a mission or values may be, they will still need a guide to clarify priorities for advancing business strategies.
- Our Principles
- Continue evolving to better aid our customers
Equate the development of our people
with the development of our company
- MARUI GROUP's philosophy is an essential compass for fulfilling its mission. The desire to "continue evolving to better aid our customers" compels everyone at MARUI GROUP to work for the benefit of stakeholders by exercising their capacity for empathy to adopt the viewpoints of various stakeholders in order to understand their thinking and their pain. The ongoing evolution of this capacity for empathy gives rise to the propensity for innovation that drives the resolution of the issues faced by customers, society, and the environment. The commitment to "equate the development of our people with the development of our company" is founded on the belief that MARUI GROUP's growth is achieved when our people realize self-actualization through empathy and innovation.
- Creditability should be built together with customers
Pioneer spirit of creating opportunities
- MARUI GROUP's values are the unique principles of the Company that differentiate it from all others, the precious founding spirit that will perpetually permeate our organization. The concept of co-creation of creditability—based on the belief of MARUI GROUP's founder that "creditability should be built together with customers," rather than assigned to them—is the belief that credit should be forged through trust over long-term relationships by working together with and being empathetic toward customers. The founder also advocated a "pioneer spirit of creating opportunities." This value represents MARUI GROUP's spirit of innovation and evolution, which propels us forward as we transform our business and create new demand and markets in response to changes in customer happiness or in society.
In conjunction with the establishment of a long-term vision for 2050, we at MARUI GROUP reshaped our co-creation philosophy based on our aspirations and our principles, clarifying the intent of these ideals so that they may guide us in our daily business activities.
Established in 2007
Revised in November 2017
Revised in February 2019
MARUI GROUP Code of Conduct
MARUI GROUP envisions a world in which we have transcended all dichotomies to build a flourishing and inclusive society that offers happiness to all. Realizing this vision will require that we engage in co-creation with MARUI GROUP employees as well as with customers, investors, communities and society, business partners, and future generations. MARUI GROUP views every one of its stakeholders as a partner for co-creating a happier future.
The happiness to which we seek to contribute can only be realized through co-creation with all of these stakeholders. It is based on this belief that we promote compliance with laws and regulations as well as international rules and the principles embodied in these norms and that we have established and adhere to the MARUI GROUP Code of Conduct.
- Customers are the point of departure for all of our business activities. Acting in accordance with the corporate philosophy of "continue evolving to better aid our customers," we will strive to create safe and secure products, services, and stores that bring joy to all through co-creation with customers.
- We will pursue ongoing growth and medium-to-long-term improvements in corporate value and increase engagement with shareholders and other investors in order to live up to the expectations of these stakeholders. In addition, we will disclose information in a timely and appropriate manner, conduct highly transparent business activities, and prevent insider trading.
- Communities and
- MARUI GROUP's business activities connect us to various areas of communities and the greater society. By seeking to resolve social and community issues and invigorate communities and the greater society through our business activities, we will build trust-based relationships with communities and society.
- Business Partners
- MARUI GROUP's business activities are supported by co-creation activities with business partners in Japan and overseas. By fostering trusting relationships with partners through fair and impartial transactions, we will deepen our ties with business partners as we progress together and promote mutual prosperity.
- It is employees possessing a propensity for innovation founded on a capacity for empathy who are able to contribute to the resolution of social issues through business activities. In addition to providing employees with a safe and hygienic workplace environment, we will foster a corporate culture that is respectful of diverse values and in which all employees can feel energized and can continue growing.
- Future Generations
- MARUI GROUP views children and the people of the future, whom we refer to as "future generations," as one group of stakeholders. We seek to create value for the future together with future generations in our quest to help build a sustainable society and global environment through our business and in all of our other activities.
- Working to help build a sustainable society and global environment through our business represents our ethical responsibility toward future generations. MARUI GROUP is thus advancing green businesses that provide sustainable options for coexistence with the global environment in order to transcend the dichotomy between environmental preservation and business profits.
- Respect for
- MARUI GROUP endorses international standards regarding human rights and respects the personalities and individuality of all people. We stand in opposition of all discrimination, whether on the basis of race, nationality, religion, ideology, belief, biological sex, age, physical characteristic, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
- Fair and
- MARUI GROUP adheres to domestic and overseas ethical standards and legal regulations as well as to its own internal rules as it promotes fair and transparent transactions while preventing corrupt and otherwise inappropriate activities (bribery, money laundering, inappropriate kickbacks, conflicts of interest, lobbying activities, political contributions, etc.).
- Elimination of
- We will staunchly refuse to have any connection with antisocial forces that threaten the order and safety of society.
- Protection and
- MARUI GROUP's business activities entail the utilization of personal information, confidential information, and intellectual properties. These information assets are protected and managed based on internal regulations and policies for specific asset types, and we seek to avoid infringing on the intellectual property rights of others.
Scope of Application and Implementation
- -The MARUI GROUP Code of Conduct is applicable to all Group officers and employees. An internal notification system is in place to quickly uncover and address activities that violate this code of conduct or activities that are illegal, unfair, or otherwise inappropriate.
- -Moreover, this code of conduct is reviewed as necessary by the Board of Directors and revised when deemed prudent through sufficient discussion. Should a serious violation of the MARUI GROUP Code of Conduct occur, we will take steps to identify the cause of the violation and prevent recurrence.
Established in April 2006
Revised in May 2014
Revised in November 2017
Revised in July 2020